Saturday, March 22, 2008

My School in Africa...

My school is called Kara Christian Academy. It sounds like a college name to me. My teacher is my mommy. I have lunch time one hour after snack time. Isn’t that crazy? It sounds crazy doesn’t it? It has to sound crazy. For snack I have cookies, Cheetos (when our homegroup sends them to us,) or peanuts. There are four kids in my class, including me. Three of them are boys and I am a girl. In the mornings we do a bunch of Math, which I don’t like.

My favorite part of the day is French class, when I sit with someone two ages older than me. Her name is Abby. I just had a sleepover with her last night and she makes French a lot more fun. We decorate the date in French and then decorate the sides. I made up two things, we could do cookies on the side with a cookie date or clouds on the side with a cloud date. We also get to sing fun French songs. I know what butterfly is in French, it’s papillon. We have a fun day at school. Well, at least I do.

6 comments:

Claire said...

MICHAL! :) hey sweet girl... thank you for posting about your school! Personally, I agree that it sounds crazy that you have lunch one hour after snack! CrAzY!!! :) So... you got some of the cheetos that we sent in the box from home group?? We'll try to send more soon!

Thank you for teaching us what "butterfly" is in French. Maybe if you teach us one new word every time you post on your blog, we can learn some French along with you!

What are your favorite parts about living in Africa? What are your least favorite parts? Is the food there similar to the food in Memphis, or not? What about the games you play or the things you do for fun? ... I love you! Keep those blog updates comin'! :) xoxo Claire

Anonymous said...

Michal,

That is very neat that you are learning French. I wish I knew a second language. Next time we see you you might know three languages. Are you learning Kabiye as well?

Like Claire, I agree that having snacks just an hour before lunch.

Have you see lots of interesting animals in Africa? What are your favorite times there? What is the weather there? Is it the same as here in America?

Patrick

fran said...

Michal-
I am Hannah's grandmother and I enjoyed reading your blog. If I were at your school, I think I would like French the best also. Your French teacher Essowe is a special lady.
Love, Fran

Anonymous said...

Bonjour, Michal!

Comment ca va? Je pense que tu es comme un papillon! Je suis contente que tu aimes le francais parce que je n'ai personne avec qui je peux le parler. Ton histroire m'amusait beaucoup. Je pense que tu as raison--c'est fou a prendre un casse-croute seulement une heure avant le dejeuner. Et c'est vrai que le "math" est difficile--mais c'est aussi cool! Peut-etre un jour tu changeras ton avis (et peut-etre pas!).

Tu nous manques et nous serons heureux a te voir cet ete!

Au revoir,
Kimberly Mason

ps--comment est-ce qu'on peut t'envoyer quelque chose a Togo? Est-ce que c'est possible a envoyer des Cheetos? Nous aimerions t'en envoyer...quel est ton addresse?

Anonymous said...

MICHAL! Sounds like your having lots of fun in Togo,Africa. I'm glad you're enjoying your French lessons. How's Africa so far? Is it lots of fun? How's the food in Togo? Is it really gross. Grandma Anne told me you don't like Math much. I agree completely with you. Can't wait to see you back in New Haven,Indiana. What do you do in your free time? And keep on updating your blog.

Say hi to your parents for me.
Lots of Love,
Cousin Rachael

Anonymous said...

Hi Michal,

I loved reading your post about school. You are doing a great job putting up with your all boy classmates! Love you!!